Uppsala, Sweden, July 30, 2010 – Biotage (STO: BIOT), a leading supplier of tools and technology for medicinal and analytical chemistry, announced the launch of the Isolera ELSD-1080 evaporative light-scattering detector for flash purification. With the addition of the ELSD-1080, Biotage now provides a flash purification solution for nearly every compound type including semi-volatile UV transparent as well as UV absorbing compounds.
The ELSD-1080 is a detector accessory designed for use with Biotage Isolera flash purification systems. The detector vaporizes a portion of the flash cartridge effluent and is able to detect the particles left, making it universal in its application. The ELSD-1080 detector enables fractionation of compound classes with little or no UV or visible light absorption such as lipids, terpenes, carbohydrates, and steroids expanding the use of Isolera flash purification systems.
• Sub-ambient evaporation: provides detection capability for semi-volatile compounds with operation at temperatures as low as 10°C and up to 80°C
• Maximum sensitivity: integration of blue LED technology and short wavelength results in far greater accuracy than existing systems utilizing a red laser, the power consumption is substantially lower for LED technology by comparison
• Highly accurate: +/- 2% for reliable results
• Flexible: high sensitivity provides superb responses for semi-volatile compounds
• Compact: only minimal bench space is needed
• Compatible and portable: stand-alone detector also operates with analytical HPLC systems other than Biotage models
• Independent temperature controls: for both nebulizer and evaporator provides optimization capability for normal-phase and reversed-phase solvent systems
Isolera™ flash purification systems deliver intelligent features enabling chemists to easily achieve better separations. The patented TLC-to-gradient feature automatically creates elution gradients and suggests cartridge and sample size. Collect fractions using two wavelengths, adjust the flow rate from 1 to 200 mL/min as needed and use up to four solvents in a single gradient, for maximum purity and yield. Isolera is available in a single cartridge base model, the Isolera One, and a 4-cartridge configuration, the Isolera Four, which is ideal for multi-user or high-throughput laboratories. All Isolera systems now include unique Gradient Optimization (GO) technology, reducing solvent use up to 60% compared to traditional linear methods potentially reducing your annual consumables or solvent expenses by thousands.
For more information on the Biotage Isolera ELSD-1080 and automated flash purification systems, please email email@example.com or visit www.biotage.com
For press information contact: Rob Thompson, Director of Marketing Communications, 10430 Harris Oaks Blvd. Suite C, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA Tel: +1 704 654 4847 Fax: +1 704 654 4917 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biotage offers solutions, knowledge and experience in the areas of analytical and medicinal chemistry. The customers include the world’s top pharma and biotech companies, as well as leading academic institutes. The company is headquartered in Uppsala, Sweden, and has offices in the United States, United Kingdom and Japan. Biotage has 245 employees and had sales of SEK 394,1m in 2009. Biotage is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Nordic Stock Exchange. Website: www.biotage.com
New Peptide Synthesis Workflow Brochure
Extraction of Plasma Catecholamines and Metanephrines Using EVOLUTE® EXPRESS WCX SPE Prior to LC-MS/MS Analysis
New Second Generation Solvent Evaporators from Biotage
Extraction of Tobacco-Specific Nitrosamines (TSNAs) from Urine Using ISOLUTE® SLE+ Prior to UPLC/MS/MS Analysis
How to Make up to 576 Peptides in One Run