Biotage® PathFinder is the largest existing database of verified methods for microwave synthesis. This unique web- based service features more than 5,000 selected microwave reactions and knowledge support.
Biotage® PathFinder provides direct access to years of experience in microwave synthesis. All content has been developed on Biotage microwave synthesis systems, making these methods highly reproducible. PathFinder also includes other valuable tools, such as the “Ask-a-Chemist” feature where chemists can have a dialog about microwave synthesis methods directly with an experienced Biotage chemist. Additional features include a gas pressure calculator and the PathFinder Cookbook.
Biotage® PathFinder in a nutshell
- Log on to www.biotagepathfinder.com with your PathFinder credentials, or request a quotation for PathFinder below.
- Search the reaction database by substructure or reaction keyword
- More than 5,000 reproducible microwave synthesis methods verified on all Biotage microwave systems.
- Unique, non-published microwave synthesis transformations.
- Starting conditions for microwave reactions; full documentation on solvent, additives and substrates, equivalents, method notes, work-up, and more.
- Fast and easy comparison of hits and select conditions.
- Updates: on-line, regularly as new data becomes available.
- Coverage: 2000–present.
Most times, reactions proceed faster using microwave synthesis simply because they are conducted at higher temperatures. When you set up experiments, the Initiator Wizard can provide help with prediction calculations. The built-in chart provides a way to estimate the time needed to run a reaction at a different temperature than reported. Based on the Arrhenius equation, it uses the coarse rule of thumb that a ten-degree increase in reaction temperature doubles the reaction speed. For example, if your reaction took four hours at 140 °C , it will take approximately two hours at 150 °C.
- Microwave Cookbook: Browse a selection of popular reactions from Biotage PathFinder.
- Ask-a-Chemist: Communicate directly with our support chemists.
- Vapor Pressure Calculator: Automatic calculation of vapor pressure for common solvents.