Using a vacuum pump, the solvent vapors are pulled through a cold condenser coil, where the solvent vapors are chilled and converted back into a liquid form. The solvent then flows by gravity into a round bottom glass flask. When the flask is full a stopcock can be turned to drain the collected solvent into a disposal vessel.
Designed specifically to handle the volume of solvent vapor generated by the DryVap system, the Solvent Recovery SVOC operates at 0°C using a chiller and is capable of condensing and capturing approximately 90 to 95 % of the solvent vapor (95 % for dichloromethane (DCM)).
Features & Benefits
- Enables regulatory compliance for air emissions
- Protects workers from exposure to harmful solvent vapors
- Keeps sensitive lab instruments protected
- Recaptured solvent can be redistilled or sold
When combined with the DryVap System
- Typical solvent volumes of 180 to 200 mL of dichloromethane (DCM) can be evaporated in 50-60 minutes
- The end point can be automatically detected and the process ended when the endpoint is reached
- The sample can be evaporated directly into GC auto sampler vials, eliminating transfer from the evaporation vessel
- Improves the workflow and enables compliance