Gas Supply and Connection
The system can operate using inert gas. Compressed air can be used but is not recommended with some solvents due to the possible risk of explosion. The gas tube supplied with the system has a 6 mm outer diameter. An adapter for connecting a gas tube with an outer diameter of 1/4" can be purchased separately.
Note: There is no regulator for the gas inlet supplied with the system. This can be purchased separately as an optional accessory (P/N 352281SP Air Control Unit and P/N 353480SP Supply Connection Set).
- Minimum supply pressure: 4 bar (0.4 MPa, 58 PSI).
- Required supply pressure for full flow capability: 6 bar (0.6 MPa, 87 PSI).
- Maximum pressure: 9 bar (0.9 MPa, 130 PSI).
- Required supply flow for full flow capability for each manifold:
- 48 positions: 200 litres/min
- 24 positions: 160 litres/min
Water Bath Temperature Range
Ambient to 90°C, ± 2°C accuracy
Heating time from 20°C to 55°C is approx. 40 mins.
Gas Flow Range
The maximum gas flow depends on the gas supply pressure and flow, the number of available nozzles and how many that are open. The maximum gas flow for each nozzle:
- 48 positions: 3.5 litres/min
- 24 positions: 5.5 litres/min
- Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) 2%*
- Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) 2%*
- Formic acid 5%
- Acetic acid 10%
- Butyric acid 5%
- Phosphoric acid 5%
- Hydrochloric acid 0.1M*
- Nitric acid 0.1M*
- Propionic acid 5%
- Ammonium Hydroxide 5%
- Triethylamine (TEA) 5%
* Acid Resistant PTFE Systems Only
Racks and Tube Sizes
TurboVap LV multi racks
- 48 positions for 10-16 mm (OD) x <45 mm (length) mini vials
- 48 positions for 10-20 mm (OD) x 75-165 mm (length) tubes
- 24 positions for 21-30 mm (OD) x 75-165 mm (length) tubes
7 Inch Touch Screen
Connection for end-point detection
The system must be either connected to ventilation system using the exhaust outlet at the rear of the system or placed in a well-ventilated fume hood or an equivalent enclosure to reduce the risk of exposure to harmful solvent vapours. The ventilation system or fume hood must be capable of exhausting 1 m3/min (35.3 ft3/min).
Connection: The exhaust hose supplied with the system is 3.8 meters (12.5 feet) and has a 50.8 mm (2") inner diameter.
18°C to 32°C
-25°C to 60°C
20% to 90% RH (non-condensing)
100-127 V and 220-240 V at 50/60 Hz
F10A at the power inlet (1 required)
Max Power Consumption
17 kg (37.5 lbs) when the water bath is empty and maximum 29 kg (63.9 lbs) with deionized water, rack, and tubes.
Dimensions (W x D X H)
400 x 400 x 390 mm (15.7" x 15.7" x 15.4") including the hinges at the side and exhaust at the rear. The height with the lid open is 590 mm (23.2").
Max Sound Level
CE marked and CB and NRTL certified.