Flash 75 and Flash 150
Routinely operating at a flow rate of 250 mL/min, Flash 75 and 150 cartridges can save hours or even days of purification time compared to using glass-column flash purification. Flash 75 and 150 cartridges operate in radially compressed barrels that squeeze the cartridge walls, improving bed density and minimizing the chance of voiding and channeling.
The Biotage Flash 400 cartridges are designed for use together with the Biotage® Flash 400 chromatography system. The system has interchangeable compression modules to accomodate either the Flash 400M or Flash 400L cartridges, with the capacity to purify up to 4 kg of crude reaction mixture. Flash 400M is a 30 cm cartridge with 28 L column volume. The Flash 400L is a 60 cm, 56 L cartrigde typically holding up to 48 kg of media.
Reliable Gram-Scale Purification
The range of available sizes and media enable purification from tens to hundreds of grams of crude reaction mixtures. Choose from Biotage® KP-Sil, Biotage® KP-C18-HS, Biotage® KP-NH, activated carbon, HP20, or HP20SS media. Cartridge are available in five sizes: 200 g, 400 g, and 800 g (Flash 75), and 2.5 kg and 5 kg (Flash 150).
Patented Radial Compression Technology
Biotage’s proprietary process ensures that each Flash cartridge is shipped tightly packed. The application of our proven, patented radial compression technology maintains the bed’s stability for cleaner, purer fractions in less time delivering higher yield. The extra force from radial compression ensures near zero “wall effects” and channeling inside each column.
Flash 75 and 150 cartridges are available with many media choices to enable direct scale-up from smaller-scale Biotage cartridges. Choose from Biotage KP-SIL, Biotage KP-C18-HS, Biotage KP-NH, activated carbon, Mitsubishi Diaion™ HP20, HP20SS, and even wide pore media such as Biotage KP-C4-WP and Biotage KP-C18-WP.
- Improves safety by eliminating the need to handle kilogram amounts of media
- Compression modules maximize sample contact with silica
- Large scale economical workhorse
- Compression modules radially compress Flash 75 and Flash 150 cartridges to maximize sample contact with silica (higher sample load) and separation performance (greater purity, recovery)
- Compression modules seal up to 100 psi, ensuring leak-free operation even with high flow rates and reversed-phase solvents
- Knife-edge sealing mechanism in the Flash 75 and Flash 150 compression modules seals to 100 psi without o-rings
Advantages - Flash 400
- GMP compliant for production of API’s
- Can purify more than 4 kg of crude reaction mixture
- Shipped in a re-sealable container for disposal and incineration
- Flash 75
- Flash 150
- Optional accessories
- Biotage SIMs (Sample injection module)
- 3-way injection valve